Thursday, August 26, 2010

this simple salsa...

is literally the best I've ever had. Though I may up the jalapenos next time, as it's not terribly spicy. (Yeah, I know the picture isn't making it look particularly appetizing, but I swear it even looks good in person.) And as I said, it's just as plain and simple to make as could be. Best of all, much of it came from our own garden. :)

Fresh Garden Salsa:

4-5 medium to large tomatoes, diced small
2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced (not from our garden, though I hope we end up with a good harvest this year)
1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (not from our garden)
juice from 1 lime (not from our garden, though I wish we could grow limes here)

Mix it all together. Mash lightly with fork. Stir again. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (though it gets even better after a day or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment