Friday, September 3, 2010

from garden to cupboard...

My wonderful mom came up Wednesday to give me a refresher course on canning. (It's been many a year. Since I've canned, that is. Not since my parents have visited.) We had a wonderful time all around...and I'm positively giddy with what I have to show for it. :D

Fresh picked from the garden.

 To the canner. Yep, that's my lovely mama.


To the jars. Just five jars this time, but there's plenty more tomatoes to come.


















To the cupboard. My incredible new-to-me vintage cupboard that my mom just found at an antique mall. Yeah, I know you can't see those tomatoes inside it, but I just had to show a picture anyway because I am so freakin' in love with my new little cupboard. :D


Now the question is: Can I do this all by myself next week?

2 comments:

  1. OMGOMGOMG :D I just love it Debi!! And I love seeing your mom!! Look at all of those tomatoes that you got!! And there are even MORE out there? Y'all really did well this year!! Love this post to pieces and I just adore the cupboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww...so cool that Mom came up and canned with you! And I LOVE the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete